I enjoyed working on this one so much! I wish I had time to make more owls. I use Bing images for inspiration and then try to make the work my own. I found a “How to Drawn an Owl” and used that as a basis for the owl with the turned head. The owl with its eyes closed came from a picture of 4 different owls. I used the basic outline and changed it, then tangled it. The paisley owl is the one with which I had the most difficulty. I thought I would like it more. I made five of them before I found one that I felt was acceptable. I like it, but thought it could be better. I gave one of the paisley owls to my daughter Joni, because she really liked it. Part of the problem might be that I need new blender pens and aqua pens. I can get more accurate shading and coloring with them.
I forgot to scan it in first. The originals look much better than the scans. Sometimes I scan in my work and the scans look great. I haven’t figured out if there is something I can do to make the scans more accurate every time.