I really like the steampunk aesthetic, but i had a real brain block when it came time for this swap. These are a tryptic. I made a larger drawing and then cut it into 3 ATC’s. i used metallic markers on these. It was al little tricky because the colors I liked were wide. I also used gel pens for the metallic effect. It all came out darker than I liked, but since these were my 4th attempt to come up with something, I just didn’t have time to re-do them. I think they came out alright. I just felt like I could have done better if I had an extra month or two!
The buttons ATC’s were for an April ZIA swap. I got out my buttons tin and used them for inspiration, but added tangles to many of the buttons. The two ATC’s covered with buttons drew on a larger piece of card stock and then trimmed them into two ATC’s. What is a two-part version of a triptych called?
We had a postcard swap this month. This is a 4×6 piece of card stock. This fairy ended up having a pensive look, but I guess that is OK. I just hope the recipient liked it. Once again, I used markers and micron pens. I used the aqua brush and blending pen with this one.
If you follow my blog, you can see that I am in a pennant swap each month. For April the them was quilts. Many of the tangle patterns are the same as, or similar to quilt designs. I tried to use some quilt patterns and some that look like fabric designs. I used micron pens and Stampin Up markers. I want to get more marker colors, but I have to budget them in.
I made these for a swap with the ZIA group I am in. It took me a while to get inspired to start them, but once I started making them, I didn’t want to stop. These are made on card stock with pencil, micron pen, markers, watercolors,and a little gel pen here and there.